Monday, June 22, 2009

Cheesy Kale Chips (GFCF raw snacks)




Sorry for the lack of posts, we've been on vacation and trying to get back into the swing of things!!
In my attempt to use my 2 new toys to their fullest (Blendtec blender and Excaliber dehydrator) I am attempting to recreate some more of Sunny's great RAW food she fed us last month! I chose cheesy kale chips because they were SO yummy and healthy. Here's the recipe:
1 red bell pepper
1 cup of cashews (soaked at least 4 hours)
1/2 of a lemon, juiced
dash of salt
2/3 cup water
1 tablespoon smoke paprika
1 bunch of kale

Place all ingredients except for kale in a blender. Blend until smooth and saucy. Add extra water if needed. Place sauce in a very large bowl and add kale. Massage sauce into kale. Let marinate for 20 - 30 inutes. Spread out on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 105 degrees for up to 24 hours until desrired crispiness.

I did one batch just like this for the kids and a batch with crushed red peppers for the adults who like spicy stuff. Tastes similar to a spicy dorito, I know, it sounds crazy but it is true, and SO much healthier for you!!

Enjoy!

No comments: