Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sprouted rice flour by Sol Grains


I found this little gem a few months back through Azure Standard, the co-op we order from once per month. They do monthly truck shipments all over as long as you meet the minimum for your drop point. I highly recommend them for many healthy food items and even bulk grains. They have standards for pesticide use, etc. from the manufacturers they stock. So, if they don't meet their standards (low or NO usage of the bad stuff) then they don't carry it! I love Azure Standard. As I place my monthly order I always check out the "New Items" page. I saw sprouted rice flour. I regularly soak all the nuts we eat and have sprouted buckwheat and nuts. If you are like me, you do a lot of cooking and prep already. So any short cut I can take that doesn't sacrifice quality, well then I am all over it!!


What are the benefits of soaking and sprouting grains? It increases the protein content of the item and increases the digestibility of it as well. However, if you are on a low oxalate diet, this may not be for you. Sprouting increases oxalates while just soaking reduces them. But if you are looking for a sprouted flour option without having to sprout and grind it yourself, you may want to look into Sol Grains and you can find it at Azure Standard!!

No comments: