Wednesday, April 16, 2008

GREAT recipe!!

OK - it has been a tough day...for whatever reason, the kids just went nuts tonight. They are both asleep so I am catching up on half finished blogs and posting them all while I have a chance, that is why there is so much activity tonight.

Anyways, for dinner I made fellow Higley Groves resident and blogger, Shari's, Caribbean tacos. All I can say is YUM-O. I wanted to eat all of it! Seriously. The kids did not like it which surprised me because of the honey but whatever, more for me! So, I am bootlegging it, passing it on because everyone should try this. I am going to make up a huge batch and freeze with some of my Sprouts chicken!! :)

Here it is from her blog:
Caribbean Tacos

4 T. Honey
3 T. Fresh Lime Juice
1 T. Oil
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
1 - 1 1/2 pounds shredded and cooked chicken

Mix marinade and toss with cooked and shredded chicken. Take soft corn, table tortillas (these are the kinds that fold without breaking) or you can use regular corn tortillas, just fry them a bit or get them real crispy If you want to eat them saucer style.Fresh and Easy has cute mini corn tortillas. layer a little shredded green cabbage , chicken and some fresh mango salsa. I bought some great mango salsa from Costco. Vitamin A source. I wanted my tortilla a little crisp but didn't want to fry it so I put it in the toaster.It is very low fat that way.

I did it a bit different because of running Matthew around for his appointments. I boiled up 2 large chicken breasts early this afternoon and then put them in the fridge before running out the door. When I got home, I cut them into chunks and then mixed the marinade and added to the chicken in a pan, set on low. Meanwhile I did fry up the corn tortillas (in coconut oil of course) so they wouldn't break. I shredded some lettuce and grabbed the Herdez salsa. Open a can of beans or make some spanish rice or just have the tacos with a side salad and viola, dinner! I made the kids theirs tostada style but they just ate the lettuce and some tomatoes I chopped for them. Crazy kids. It was ridiculously easyand too great not to try, I promise you!

No comments: