Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pizza Meatloaf "Muffins"

I found this recipe in Womans Day and figured I would give it a try. It was a hit with my picky eaters (Matthew and Torrey) and not such a hit with my psuedo-vegetarian Emma. But, it was super easy and I plan to make and freeze a bunch for easy last minute meals, at least for the older 2.

Heat oven to 375. Spray 8 muffin cups with cooking oil.

With your hands mix in a bowl:
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (I use Laura's lean ground beef, found at Super Target)
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (for GFCF I used the Almond/Rice bread and cut into small pieces, sprayed with olive oil and seasoning and broiled for a few minutes until toasted, they were a hit on their own!)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used the chunky veggie pasta sauce from Fresh & Easy)
2 eggs

Pack into cups. Bake 25 minutes until cooked through. Optional (We left this part off and they were still great!) Top with pizza sauce, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and some dried oregano. Bake 2 minutes until cheese melts.

Enjoy!

No comments: