Friday, February 1, 2008

Yeast be gone!?!

Maybe we have a handle on yeast. He is starting to say his stomach hurts after his enzymes. I think we may be at the end. Today is just about 2 weeks of the heavy dosing, I started backing them off to 2 per day of candidase and 2 per day of virastop instead of 6 and 3 respectively. We did also start him on digestive enzymes. In a few days I am going to add wheat in and see what happens. We are seeing much less awful, yucky, yeasty poop. I guess I should warn you, parents in general talk about their kids poop a lot but moms with children on the spectrum talk about it A LOT. Poop can tell you a lot about what's going on so I have become a poop afficienado ~ out of self preservation, not desire. So be prepared for lots of poop stories I am sure. So, all good signs that yeast is finally dying off. We also limit yeast feeding foods. So, I will watch this weekend and see what happens, if we start seeing the yeast behaviors we can bump them up again.

No comments: